I still have pics to post but had to update about today... Started out rotten...Packed Skid up to take her to the ranch to retire. We went to feed Pats dogs and found 2 of them gone. Someone had opened his fence. Spent and hour and a half looking for them. Finally found out that they were picked up. Everything was OK for most of the rest of the day. Got a lot of a really yucky stall cleaned. Carissa and I were on a roll so we decided to go get some ice cream to treat ourselves. She had asked if she could drive and I told her no way on a main road without her permit. Shortly after that, we passed a cop. When he turned behind me I just knew by the way he was driving that I was going to be stopped. I kept telling Carissa that he was going to turn his lights on. Once we got to a stop light, sure enough he did.....I didn't think I was speeding. Come to find out, he had stopped me because of my windshield. He did complement us for having our seat belts on, because that is what they were out doing today. He asked where we were coming from and he then told us that he happened to know a couple of friends of ours from our church. In the meantime, he gave me a ticket for it. At the end, we asked him where we could get some good ice cream....LOL
That was the good part of the day. When we got back, we decided to start working on other stalls. Well, on some of them there is baling twine interwoven between the bars of the stalls. I started cutting them off while Carissa started on another stall....Well...........................I slipped and slit my wrist. Normally when I cut myself I don't really feel it. I certainly did this time. Instantly I put my shirt on it. There was only 1 other adult out there. Carissa ran to try and find a first aid kit. ( I knew that wouldn't help, because it was gushing... I know, nice visual.) I went to the other adult, a complete stranger and asked her to take me all the way back into town to the ER. I had to leave the kids at the Equine Center and someone else had to pick them up. Emmy's best friend lives out there.
I was very proud of this other young girl that was out there. She had just finished an emergency course and she cut her shirt and made a tourniquet and away we went. Daniel swears I should be getting frequent visit points or my own wing where I could just walk into my room and ring a buzzer.....lol I am suppose to be bucking bales in a couple of days...:-(
All in all, I will be ok, just out of commission for a bit.
horses of course
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
geez, what a day for you.. hopfully things will look up. Good thing you told Ris no about the driving. COUld u imagine the ticket then? lol. oh, guess its not funny. ;~
Post a Comment