Today was a good and bad day. I was going on a trail ride with some friends. I was going to take Princess but she had never been in a slant trailor so she was freaking out. I finally got her in and was tying her down, and she really flipped and pulled back. I couldn't get her untied fast enough. She pulled the rope too tight so she was half in and half out of the trailor. She ended up cutting her one leg on the trailor trying to get out. After that, she refused to get in the trailor and I didn't blame her, so now I have to work on trailor loading again with her. I decided that I had to take Sammi ( the horse I rode on the ride for life). Everything was fine with him throughout the ride.
He did great with all the water. He acted up at first which is typical of his Arab nature. We had a couple of incidents but I was able to control them. It was quite the ride up to a place called Dome Rock. He was really slow going down hill, and I figured it out because he had gotten hurt before with a saddle being on wrong. Eventually he figured out that I did it so it wouldn't hurt and he was in a better mood. He loved going up hill though. He would hang back and wait for others to get further ahead just so he could lope up a hill. It was really fun. On the back, we ended up in the rain. Always a nice twist. He was almost perfect for the whole ride. We got back to the trailor and when I got off, I instantly saw that something was wrong with him. He wouldn't put weight on hisright front leg. He never gave any indication that anything was wrong. I would have felt it while in the saddle. He was really limping. He really didn't want to get in the trailor when my friend tried putting him in. I tried helping him by lifting the foot in myself. It wasn't until I touched him in the but that he finally went in. When we got home, it seemed worse, and it was warm on his leg. I have no idea what is wrong other than maybe he pulled something. I gave him some medicine and will have to check it again tomorrow. Now, I have 2 hurt horses. Princess is fine, but it didn't feel like it to me... Ya know, worried momma.
Carissa was really upset because her day at the ranch was not good. She saw a dog get kicked and die in the arena, then found out from one of the boys out there that he has to put his down on Monday, oh and Joseph broke his glasses out there. The equine center is being attacked and it really needs prayer. So much good is being done there. They could almost open up their own church out there now, and we are moving the youth group out there as well. Satan does not want that to happen. Though it was not a good day, Carissa had to make sure that she did give a praise report that one horse is getting better and our other horse is finally gaining back some weight.
The ride was awesome. Where we went we got to see what Autumn is all about. All the trees were turning and the colored leaves were falling to the ground and we got to ride through them. It was so beautiful. I am going to try and get the pictures I took on someone elses camera. I think they turned out really well.
ok, that is the update... not all good but not all bad. Please just keep our churches equine center in prayer...
horses of course
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment