Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Big Day

I was determined this day. For several days I kept saying I was going to get Chey out and try to get on. Every time something would happen whether it be a sand storm, rain, or just running out of time. Not this time!!!!
TONS of babies.

We pulled up to the barn and there was a pair of pheasants with at least 25 babies following.
They saw us and scattered into tack rooms, stalls, and behind doors.

Isn't it adorable? We watched the parents scramble all over collecting babies from all different directions. Such good parents they were.
ok, the day finally came for me to saddle up Chey and try to get on her. It had been quite some time since I had even put a saddle on her.


here we go.


up

up

and on. Now didn't that look easy? NOT!! It took several times doing those first few things, before she would decide to stand still or not do a little buck. I would only get on for a few seconds at first and just get off.



Each time I would get off I give her love and make nice again.



At this point she was actually getting a little frustrated, so I got off to end on a good note.

Emmy getting ready for a barrel race. We had several people from around town come since there is a benefit race going on this coming weekend.

Carissa finally found a friend she can share her love with that doesn't live too far away, or allergic.

Emmy like this old mare ( Flossy ) and wanted to take her to camp with her but she isn't a church horse.

I actually took this picture to get my friend ( the one that got me to TN in Feb. ) barrelling.

Carissa looks like she is doing well, but it was a horible day for her. Quincy was being very bullheaded, and out of control. I had to pull them out because it was getting dangerous. It has become time to put a bit in her mouth now.

1 comment:

This IS our life! said...

the little babies are very cute!